What Is The Difference Between a Terry Cloth and Regular Towels?
Towels are an essential item in our daily lives, whether we use them to dry off after a shower or bath, wipe our hands, or clean up spills. While towels can be made from a variety of materials, one popular choice is terry cloth. In this article, DZee Home will explore what terry cloth is, how it differs from regular towels, and its benefits and drawbacks.
What is Terry Cloth?
Terry cloth is a type of fabric that is characterized by its looped pile construction. This means that the fabric has many small loops of thread on its surface, which give it a soft and plush texture. Our Belem terry cloth is made from 100% cotton.
The manufacturing process for terry cloth involves weaving the fabric with an additional weft thread. This thread is then looped back into the fabric, creating the characteristic loops on the surface. The loops are then cut to the desired length, which can vary depending on the intended use of the fabric. We prepare our towels by using the latest air-jet looms that require very fine and high-quality cotton yarn in order to be woven.
As a result, these terry towels have been our best selling towels and received many positive reviews. You can check out the catalog here!
Differences Between Terry Cloth and Regular Towels
Texture and Manufacturing:
The main difference between terry cloth and regular towels is the texture of the fabric. Terry cloth has a soft and plush texture due to its cotton loops, while regular towels can be made from a variety of materials, such as cotton, linen, or polyester. Regular ones may also be made in polycotton blends and not create the same luxurious atmosphere that you may possibly bring to the table.
Terry cloth towels are also typically more absorbent than regular towels due to the loops on their surface, which can hold more moisture. This makes them ideal for use as bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths. Regular towels can also be absorbent, but their level of absorbency will depend on the type of material they are made from.
Another difference between terry cloth and regular towels is their durability. Terry cloth is a sturdy fabric that can withstand frequent use and washing without losing its shape or texture. Regular towels, on the other hand, may not be as durable and may become worn or frayed over time. Luckily for you, all of our towels are stitched with double needles and a minimum of seven stitches which prevent unraveling and make it strong enough to hold during laundering.
Benefits of Terry Cloth
Terry cloth has several benefits that make it a popular choice for towels and other household items. These benefits include:
- Soft and Comfortable: Terry cloth is a popular choice for towels and other household items due to its soft and absorbent nature. Its looping gives it a plush texture that feels comfortable against the skin,
- Highly Absorbent: Terry cloth is highly absorbent, which makes it ideal for use as towels and cleaning cloths.
- Quick-Drying: Because terry cloth is highly absorbent, it also dries quickly, reducing the risk of mold and mildew growth.
- Durable: Our towels include a sturdy cotton material that can withstand frequent use and washing without losing its shape or texture.
- Versatile: Belem towels can be used for a variety of household items, including bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, and pool towels.
Why Are Terry Towels Better Than Regular Towels?
While regular towels may have other benefits, it also has some drawbacks to consider. These include:
- Lack Of Softness: Terry cloth towels can be heavier than regular towels due to their thicker, more absorbent construction. The longer cotton looping of the towels give a more softer and plush feeling which regular towels are unable to imitate.
- Longer Drying Time: While terry cloth dries quickly compared to other fabrics, regular towels may take time and would take up too much of your laundering costs.
- Too Many Expenses: Our Belem terry cloth towels are subjected at reasonable prices to help people reduce their expenses and still experience luxurious home supplies. Regular towels due to their quality and maintenance may take up too much of your expenses.
Looking For Terry Towels?
When choosing towels, it's important to consider your needs and preferences. Ultimately, whether you choose terry cloth or regular towels will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Both types of towels have their own unique benefits and drawbacks, so it's important to consider these factors before making a purchase. If you are unsure about your purchase, simply contact our professionals at DZee Home and place an order now!