Can You Put A Comforter In A Duvet Cover
Adding a duvet cover to your bedding is a great way to add a pop of color or a new design element to your bedroom. But did you know that a duvet cover also serves a practical purpose when it comes to protecting your comforter? Here's why you should consider using a duvet cover with your comforter and how to put a comforter in a Belem duvet cover.
Why Use a Duvet Cover?
A duvet cover is a protective covering for your comforter. It is typically made of a soft, breathable material like cotton or linen and comes in a wide variety of designs and colors. By using a duvet cover, you can help extend the life of your comforter, as the duvet cover serves as a protective barrier against wear and tear, spills, and stains.
Duvet covers are also easy to clean and maintain. Most duvet covers can be machine washed and dried, which makes them a convenient option for those who want to keep their bedding clean and fresh. Plus, if you get tired of the design of your duvet cover, you can easily swap it out for a new one with a different design. Belem offers striped and plain duvet covers!
Also read: Best White Down Alternative Comforter: The Ultimate Guide For Choosing
How to Put a Comforter in a Duvet Cover
Putting a comforter in a duvet cover may seem like a daunting task, but it's actually quite simple. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to put your Belem comforter in our own duvet cover:
- Turn the duvet cover inside out and lay it flat on your bed. You want the opening of the duvet cover to be facing up toward the ceiling.
- Place your comforter on top of the duvet cover, making sure the corners match up. You want to make sure that the top edge of the comforter lines up with the top edge of the duvet cover. Make sure that the alignment is equal.
- Starting at one end, roll the duvet cover and comforter together like a burrito. You want to make sure that the comforter is completely enclosed in the duvet cover.
- Once you reach the end, flip the duvet cover over the comforter that you have just rolled up. The opening of the duvet cover should now be facing down towards the foot of your bed.
- Now that you have the log of a comforter, reach into the duvet cover and grab one corner of the comforter, pulling it through to the other corner of the duvet cover. You want to make sure that the corners of the comforter are fully inserted into the corners of the duvet cover. Flip the cover into the comforter and wrap it entirely.
- Repeat this for the other three corners. Make sure that each corner of the comforter is fully inserted into the corresponding corner of the duvet cover.
- Shake the duvet cover and comforter out until they are evenly distributed inside the cover. You want to make sure that the comforter is evenly distributed inside the duvet cover, with no lumps or bumps. Roll it out properly to ensure that the comforter has been covered.
And that's it! Your comforter is now safely and stylishly enclosed in its new duvet cover.
Also read: The Importance Of Investing In A Good Pillow And Mattress
Tips for Using a Duvet Cover
Here are some additional tips for using a duvet cover:
- Choose a duvet cover that is the same size as your comforter. This will ensure that the comforter fits snugly inside the duvet cover and doesn't shift around. Our Belem duvet covers have the exact same dimensions as our comforters.
- Consider using duvet clips to keep the comforter in place inside the duvet cover. These clips attach to the corners of the duvet cover and the comforter and help prevent your Belem comforter from bunching up inside the cover.
- Wash your duvet cover regularly to keep it clean and fresh. Most duvet covers can be machine washed and dried, but be sure to check the care instructions we have listed before washing.
- When choosing a duvet cover, consider the material. Our duvet covers are a blend of 60% cotton and 40% polyester. Along with a thread count of 250, our covers have a sleek and soft touch that gives comfort and the ideal combination to pair with your comforter!
Need Comforters With The Right Duvet Cover?
In conclusion, using a duvet cover with your comforter is a practical and stylish way to protect your bedding and add a new design element to your bedroom. So go ahead and try using a duvet cover with our comforter - your bedding (and your sleep) will thank you! Simply contact our professionals or visit DZee Home to place an order now!